U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 7:45 PM

Closed

Xfinity is blocking work websites and apps via VPN

VPN and sites, including my SQL app work at other locations and while using hotspot. Not at my home. Other employees have Xfinity and can access these sites, app, and VPN. However comcast can not resolve in the issue for my home. I have been on the phone for them for 3 day straight. No resolve. 

The Advanced Security section on the xFi app no longer has a toggle to disable. 

My Xfinity address 10.0.0.1, on my laptop has minimal settings.  

VPN and Sites work at other homes with Xfinity.

VPN and Sites work with hotspot. 

Other employees have seen this issue and Xfinity fixed it. They can not fix mine.

Model TG4482A

Vendor ARRIS Group

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

Try contacting this team about it. They handle blocking issues;

Comcast Customer Security Assurance. You can contact them online using the link below;

https://spa.xfinity.com/?linkId=130556429  

https://comca.st/3C2771k which will take you to the general overview page. From there, you will then navigate over to the "Report a blocked website" button. You will then find the section and tool you need.

Or call them at 1-888-565-4329 or 844-355-8719

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

Good luck !

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@EG​ Both of the above links go to a blocked page.

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

Hmmm.... They work fine for me. Try clearing the browser's cache / history / cookies. Still no joy ? Try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

It works if I use hotspot. Which again, is strange. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Xfinity Support 

after this, I spent an additional 5 hours over the last 36 hours with your support team. Last night at 5CST pm your support team had this working.

then it failed to work again this morning. 

Your team then proceeded to ask the same questions and keep me on hold for another two hours. Why is this not in your notes? What does your team do? Another reboot, which has proven not to fix the issue. On top of it, you now have a technician coming out on a Saturday, how are they going to fix you blocking sites. 

again, my coworkers can get into this sites. 

I can get in using a hotspot. 

on top of it, you send me a text telling me that the issue was fixed. It was not. And you tried to cancel my technician call. 

then an hour later you sent a text, saying it was resolved. It’s not. Absolute worst. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Message is missing, but someone suggested changing the DHCP IP address. The current setting looked good but I changed it anyways. I was able to get in for all of 30 seconds. Then it all was blocked again. 

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

@user_394298​ yes unfortunately in my solution I also suggest owning your own modem which is something Xfinity absolutely does not want you to do.
I would repost the working solution but I am fairly certain an Xfinity representative will silently mark the post private because we're not allowed to tell
the truth when it contradicts Xfinity's business plan.

I see zero reason to mark my posts private. It's not like I'm telling you to switch to another service provider.
I am literally telling you what is wrong and how to fix it but that's just not allowed here unless it's from an official support.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not official Xfinity support but they can't or won't help me either so
I'm offering support to all other cases hoping someone looks at mine.
https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/upload-drops-02000-kbps-unstable/6220b1aaaef5c36d133d6334

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Unfortunately the above did not resolve my issue. My answer at this point is, change providers. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Also, looks like this existed a year ago and was never resolved. The sites work for 5-20 minutes, blocked again. 

xFinity Router/Gateway is blocking a specific website | Xfinity Community Forum

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here