U

Monday, July 15th, 2024 11:23 PM

Xfinity Internet Upload Speed Capped at 40 Mbps. Should be around 200 Mbps as part of 2000/200 gigabitx2 plan

This issue has been plaguing me for quite a long time; even upgraded the modem to a CM2000 yesterday; im getting the promised download speeds but upload speeds appear to be capped at 40mbps.

i worked on this issue with multiple technicians but they were unable to solve it.  People seem to be having good luck with some good technicians here so posting the question hoping for a fruitful return.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

1 month ago

The CM2000 is not approved for the new higher upload speeds. See:

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Compatible" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "compatible/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not necessarily approved for the new upload speeds.

You need one of Comcast's newer rental gateways (XB6, XB7, XB8) or one of the few retail devices shown in the "Next Gen Speed Tier" group with an upload speed rating in the "All Compatible Devices" PDF.  Also see the Reddit link, which lists the approved devices as well as other requirements for faster upload speeds. Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

1 month ago

Great! Thank you very much for your extensive and thorough response. I’ve returned the cm2000 and purchased a coda56; hopefully the new device will be able to deliver the promised upload speeds. 

I’ll keep the thread updated with my findings. 

regards 

5 Messages

1 month ago

Bruce, thank you very much for your help with this; installed the coda56 and activated it to realise the promised speeds; about 2.33gbps down and 236mbps up on average. you've helped me solve a long standing issue with my home network! :D :D

Official Employee

• 

751 Messages

user_z4eevw thank you for using the Community Forums page, we are glad to hear that you are able to access your plan speeds as intended with the help of Bruce. Please let us know if you have any questions we can assist with moving forward.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here