U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 7:57 PM

Closed

Xfinity Internet Upload Speed Capped at 40 Mbps. Should be around 200 Mbps as part of 1200/200 internet Plan.

Hello. I currently have 2 locations on my Xfinity account. At my Homewood, IL location I have 1200/200 internet, with speeds exceeding those numbers. At my Tinley Park, IL location I also have 1200/200 internet, with download speeds exceeding 1200. However, my upload speeds are capped (throttled) at 40. Between September 22, 2023 and November 15, 2023 my upload speeds at the Tinley park location were averaging 240 Mbps. Since November 15, 2023 however upload speeds at my Tinley Park location have been capped at 40 Mbps. After numerous calls to Xfinity Tech Support over several months, I was told to update my modem from XB7 to XB8 to no avail, and numerous tests were run, my modem reprovisioned, and a tech visit yielded no issues, but still to this day my uploads max out at 40 Mbps. Please, will someone explain what is going on? Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

My Xfinity Internet Upload issue was finally resolved tonight! Thanks to the Xfinity Techs; Xfinity Benjamin M, Xfinity Amanda B, and Xfinity Marty R, for resolving this 8-month long issue.

Resolution: After stating my issue here in a new thread, Xfinity replied and asked me to send my info to them via direct message. They then tried to re-provision the modem, and then finally, The bootfile to the Gateway was updated to the correct one, finally giving me the faster upload speeds. I'm back averaging 236 Mbps for uploads!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_c19c67 It was our pleasure! Thank you for the chance to help and make sure you are getting all the correct speeds you should! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here, and we can certainly take a look at the upload speeds you are receiving. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ Thank you for the reply. I have sent a direct message as requested with my full name & address.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

@user_c19c67 @XfinityBenjaminM 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@EG

My Xfinity Internet Upload issue was finally resolved tonight! Thanks to the Xfinity Techs; Xfinity Benjamin M, Xfinity Amanda B, and Xfinity Marty R, for resolving this 8-month long issue.

Resolution: After stating my issue here in a new thread, Xfinity replied and asked me to send my info to them via direct message. They then tried to re-provision the modem, and then finally, The bootfile to the Gateway was updated to the correct one, finally giving me the faster upload speeds. I'm back averaging 236 Mbps for uploads!

(edited)

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the update ! Glad you got it squared away !! Now closing your marked "Solved" topic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here