U

Saturday, March 9th, 2024 4:43 AM

Closed

Xfinity App shows no Internet Connection but I have Wifi with new modem/router

I disconnected my Xfinity Gateway Modem/Router as it is no longer included free in my service plan. I added an approved Xfinity Wifi cable modem (Arris Surfboard SBG8300) via the Xfinity mobile app and I am able to connect to the Internet. But when I check the Xfinity mobile app, it states "Your home internet is offline".

Two questions:

1) How can I get the app to recognize that I am online

2) My plan is to return the Xfinity rental Gateway modem/router. How can I delete my wifi name and password from this rental device.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

4 months ago

How can I delete my wifi name and password from this rental device.

You'll need to hard reset the Xfinity Gateway Device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear (or use the WPS button if it doesn't have a reset button hole) for 30 seconds. And when you return it, a rep will need to delete your other info from the backend database. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @user_eh34ic to return your equipment Please visit the Digital Return Center (xfinity.com/returns) where you can select the devices to return. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment Customers can return their equipment by scheduling a UPS at-home pickup by printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment, and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS (Customers will need the tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pick-up.); or you can simply drop the devices off at any open UPS location (the devices could be packaged up or dropped off as-is and UPS will package them up for our customers). I recommend visiting theupsstore.com for the most up-to-date locations and store hours. 

I'd like to ask you some questions to narrow down the solution to this Xfinity App issue. Is the Arris Surfboard recognizing your network name and password? Have you attempted to delete the Xfinity App and reload it? 

2 Messages

Per the Arris Surfboard app and current laptop connection, my network name & password are being recognized. I deleted the Xfinity IOS App and reloaded it but the same message - "Your home internet is offline"

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_eh34ic Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have the same issue.  Please let me know if there is a solution. 

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

@CAmbr52342 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. Marked solved thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here