U

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2022 7:20 PM

Closed

xFi Pods ethernet port not working correctly

Hello, I posted this before and got no resolution so here it goes again.  My xFi pods are not activating the ethernet port unless the plugged-in device is my computer.  For years I have had a NAS plugged into it and now I cannot access without first plugging in my computer and browsing the Internet.  That seems to activate the port and allows me to connect other devices.  Has there been a recent change to the pod configuration?  I have tried a couple with the same result.   My setup has a small Netgear switch plugged into the Pod and my printer and NAS are plugged into the switch.  This has worked fine for years.  Now the only thing that will get the Pod Ethernet port to work is to plug my laptop into the switch.  I have taken the switch out of the configuration to test the Pod port directly and still the only thing that activates it is my laptop...not the printer or the NAS.  I have also switched the Pod with another in my house...same thing.  Sure seems that something has changed somewhere in the Xfinity network equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Do you know if your NAS uses a 2.4 GHz band to connect or a 5.0Ghz band?

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Plugged in...NAS and Printer

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Are you able to connect the printer on NAS with wifi through the pod?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

My NAS and printer are not wireless. The pod ethernet port used to work fine. 

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

2 years ago

they're plugged in_________________

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here