C

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 1:21 PM

xFi Pod Won't Connect

Just got a Gen2 xFi Pod from the Xfinity store and can't get it to activate.  Stops at Step 2 and says there's an error message.  Have tried different outlets, restarting gateway, etc. and nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 days ago

Hello, codyb1. Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m so sorry you’re having trouble getting your new xFi Pod activated—especially after trying different outlets and restarting your gateway! I know how frustrating that can be, but don’t worry, we’ll get this sorted out together. Let’s go step-by-step to ensure everything is set up correctly:
  1. Check xFi Pod Placement:
    Make sure your xFi Pod is plugged into an outlet about halfway between your gateway and the area where you’re looking to boost Wi-Fi. Avoid using power strips or surge protectors—directly plugging into a wall outlet works best.

2. Restart Your Gateway Again:
    Since you’ve already tried restarting the gateway, it may help to give it another shot by unplugging it for about 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. This will refresh the connection.

3. Activate through the Xfinity App:
    Open the Xfinity app and navigate to More > Add a Device > xFi Pod. Follow the prompts again to see if it will complete the process. If the error still appears, try logging out of the app and logging back in, or even reinstalling the app to make sure it’s fully updated.

4. Manual Activation:
    If the error persists, I recommend trying a manual activation. In the Xfinity app, head to Network > Activate xFi Pods and enter the serial number found on the back of your Pod. This sometimes helps get things moving.

If none of these steps work, we can definitely help you out further. Just let me know, and we can look into any deeper issues that might be happening. We want to make sure your xFi Pod is working perfectly to boost your Wi-Fi where you need it!

Thank you for your patience—I’m here for you if you have any more questions! 😊

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here