kdoyne's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, July 30th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

xfi gateway installation with splitter?

I got my "self-install" package from Comcast and have followed directions, but they don't address how to adjust the set-up if you have a 2-way splitter (which I do, for my cable box and internet service).  The instructions say to install the new cable directly from the wall connector to the gateway -- not possible with a splitter.  So do I run the new cable from the wall to the "in" side of the splitter, and continue using my "out" cables  to plug into the cable box and the new gateway?  Probably a dumb question...

Karen

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

4 years ago

Just use the same wire that is currently plugged into your existing internet modem and see what happens.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for responding but I'm not clear:  You're saying connect the new cable from the wall to the splitter "in" connection, and leave the cable that runs from the splitter to the gateway in place?

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

4 years ago

Use the existing wire that's coming from the splitter that's currently plugged into your existing modem. Unplug it from your existing modem and plug it in to your new modem.

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

4 years ago

Yes. Nothing could work if it weren't.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Oh, I did that.  The question was whether the new cable should be hooked up from the wall into the "in" side of the splitter.  Sorry if I'm not being clear enough!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Okay, thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here