1st Kudo
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:00 AM

xfi fast on ethernet, slow wifi

Hi,
Recently switched to the xfi gig internet from ATT. I have issues with the wifi speed.
I get 950 mbps on ethernet but on that same laptop only 180 mbps on wifi , from 10 inches away. Same other laptop at same distance . And my phone only gets 60 mbps right next to gateway and about 40 mbps in lounge .
So, it is not a coverage / wifi loss issue as testing right next to gateway. The engineer who installed it said I should be getting at least 3-400 mbps from next to it , over wifi , and said to contact them for new router, which I did , but no different - it is the B7 version.
I got an email yesterday, saying I can get free pods ( except when I click on it, they are out of stock), but wondering will pods even help if it is not working properly from 10 inches away ? Any ideas how to fix it? I have turned advanced security off for my Plex server. Thx

Responses

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

I have the latest xFi 3rd generation Gateway (XB7) and Comcast tells me I should be getting 800Mbps via WiFi but I'm only getting about 400Mbps with the Gateway 3 feet from my laptop. When I use an Ethernet cable, I get between 900 and 1000 Mbps.  Comcast has not yet explained why this is so.

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

1 m ago

@dyazbek 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. 7 month old dead now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here