L

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2023 8:53 PM

Closed

xFi Advanced Gateway blinking green light fix?

For the last 24 hours my xFi advanced gateway has had a green blinking light and I’ve been unable to connect to the internet in that time. I’ve tried unplugging the cables and plugging them back in. The power cable works fine and I’ve tried different coax cables with no success. Is it an issue with the coax outlet ? Would factory resetting the gateway help? Any assistance is appreciated. Much thanks 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Since you got here, perhaps check for a known outage with a phone/other means of connecting?  Sometimes helpful, other times not so much.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@flatlander3​ the problem started when an outage was in my area yesterday. The outage has since been fixed but my gateway continues to not be able to connect to the internet 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

Well, there's no promise that factory default will fix it, but when there's nothing left to try......

*Caution:  I'm not sure how the WiFi settings will work on their gear these days.  I don't use their stuff.  Don't know if they are loaded from upstream, or if they are still local, but factory default may wipe out SSID settings and WiFi passwords.  You also might have to change those settings with the phone app again, then "forget" the previous network connection on your devices, then reconnect them to get them to work.  Yes.  It's a bummer.

To factory default their newer gateways, mash the WPS button down and hold it for 20-30 seconds, or until the lights start blinking.  On really old stuff, there was a toothpick hole and a button to push and hold down.

It ought to have come back by itself after service was restored, especially after you tried the power cycle, so perhaps your service is still down.  If that's the case, then 1-800-comcast and multi-level tech support may be your next phone call or the "Chat with Xfinity Agent" (bot) link on the bottom of that status page.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@flatlander3​ gave the factory reset a shot, still no success. I have a technician coming out tmrw morning to try and fix the issue. I’ll update whenever I have new info. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here