W

Monday, August 5th, 2024 8:53 PM

xf1 gateway does not work with wifi or ethernet

Received xf1 gateway and it looked previously used with marks on it.  

Personal cable modem and routers working no issue.

Trying XF1 for unlimited data, plan to have this be a  pass-through not sure why xfinity wants me to use their hardware at $15/month for unlimited vs my own hardware for $30/month.

Use Xfinity app and the XF1 setup and said running no issues. 
* Ethernet never provided and ip address

* Wifi connected, but stated no internet connection

Spent over 2 hours with support and was told to take to Xfinity store and ask for replacement.    

Will try a new one and keep you posted.   However, what a waste to resources and time. when I could just pay $15/month for unlimited and use my own hardware.   

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 month ago

Hi whysars42,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you’ve encountered with your new Xfinity Gateway. Your time and satisfaction are very important to us, and I'll do everything I can to help. We are a full-service team, so you've come to the right place. 

We understand the frustration of receiving a device and having it not work as expected, especially after spending significant time with support. We truly appreciate your patience and efforts. Our xFi Complete plan with Unlimited Data offers great value, and we want to ensure that you have a seamless experience using it along with our equipment. That said, we have a few options.

1. Replacement Gateway: It’s great to hear you’re planning to visit an Xfinity store for a replacement. Please let the store know about the issues you've faced so they can provide you with a new gateway and ensure it’s fully functional before you leave. I can also ship a device from my end, which can take 3-5 business days to arrive, but I can do it at no cost to you. Let me know if that would work better for you.

2. Setup Assistance: If swapping the device dont' help, we can schedule a technician to assist with the setup of your new gateway to ensure everything runs smoothly. They can also check the premises for any possible issues along the way. 

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this matter. Please keep us posted on your progress with the new gateway, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. We’re here to help and ensure you have the best possible experience with Xfinity.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here