U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 10:05 PM

Xbox Not Working with XB7?

I recently bought an old Xbox 360 from eBay, and it seems to be incompatible with my XB7 Gateway. The XB7 is 5G and the 360 will only work on 2.4GHz. Is there a workaround for this or am I out of luck?

DP

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

2 months ago

user_xuwncn Thank you for reaching out to us here with your questions! All Xfintiy Gateway modems are capable of both a 2.4 and 5 ghz signals, you can find instructions for sperating hte signals here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi.

6 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ Hi, is the XB8 capable of separating signals? Because I got one today as a replacement and it’s giving the exact same issue. I tried going through Xfinity support (on the app) and got nowhere. Do I have to downgrade to an XB3? Or is that even possible to do?

DP

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_xuwncn - You should be able to by following the instructions above to name the two networks differently, and connect to whichever is needed per device.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ I’m a little confused by the instructions. I don’t see an option for this in my Xfinity app. Could I please have some extra clarification? Thank you.

DP

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

This link should help, user_xuwncn.

How to change your home network's WiFi channel selection or mode

xFi Advanced Gateways (XB6 or newer)
Most of these gateways have been upgraded with software that manages advanced WiFi settings automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.
Advanced WiFi settings for gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or Xfinity App.

That being said, can you try naming the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz differently to see if it helps?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I can try that. How do I do this?

DP

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here