jweaver0312's profile

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 3:58 PM

Closed

XB8-T Firmware Update Caused Bugs - CGM4981COM_4.14p13s1_PROD_sey

Hello,

My gateway has recently been updated to the CGM4981COM_4.14p13s1_PROD_sey revision. While it has been updated and fixed some items, some items were made much worse than they were.

1. IPv6 LAN DHCP Lease Time - Option is missing
  2. Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz - after update, AX mode was disabled and will only allow 802.11 g/n. Each time I try to change it back to 802.11 g/n/ax, gateway tosses the change out.
  3. Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz - before update I could use 20/40 channel width, but after, channel width is stuck at 20, setting will not change to 20/40. Gateway processes it and then tosses the change out as well.
  4. Wi-FI 5 GHz - channel width is stuck at 20/40/80. It will not set to to 20/40/80/160. Gateway will toss the change out.
  5. Wi-Fi 6 GHz - channel stuck at manual selection, can change to automatic but setting would get wiped with reboot. Fixed with CGM4981COM_4.14p14s1_PROD_sey
  6. IPv4 LAN DHCP Lease Time - Every reboot of the gateway changes the IPv4 LAN DHCP Lease Time from 1 Week to 2 Days on its own upon boot up process.
  7. More recently it has been plagued with Moca issues where the Moca at times will not start on the gateway despite it being enabled. This renders an extender of mine while also rendering Xi devices useless as it requires the gateway’s Moca to function. Only workaround I saw to this is to reboot multiple times and then hope it eventually comes back on.

UPDATE: Gateway has since been updated to CGM4981COM_5.2p5s2_PROD_sey with those bugs from what I can see still being present.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Any news about the bug fix? My firmware is different and I can’t connect my print, my Lenovo displays. 

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:
Prod_21.1_d31 & Prod_21.1
Software Image Name:
CGM4981COM_5.2p4s1_PROD_sey
Nice modem. But too many bugs.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

@Azanella​ not sure about the printer but if you are connecting those devices via WiFi, have you tried changing the security mode back down to WPA2-Personal?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know about the troubles you're having with the printer. We never want to see something like this, but we're here to help. Before we get too far, would you be willing to share the steps you've tried so far?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

2 years ago

Are you guys able to access the port forwarding section in the Xfinity app or do you get an error message “We encountered an issue.”?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@abeasom​ works for me. 👍🏻

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has anyone determined if the 5ghz band stopping broadcasting been corrected.  I have the bands split apart and had that issue, which always caused problems with devices set to only connect to the 5ghz band.  Band steering is not an option I want to use as it makes it difficult for some IoT devices. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here