U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 24th, 2023 5:11 PM

Closed

XB8 Wireless Gateway in Bridge Mode with 2.5 gigabit Ethernet port - HELP

​​I am considering renting the XB8 wireless gateway. I have browsed the Xfinity site and forum and have not found a definitive answer to these 2 questions:​​

​​1) Does the XB8 modem/router have ONE available ethernet-out port that supports 2.5 Gigabit speeds?  (I have found conflicting info on this)​​

​​2) if YES to the above question, can the router be configured in "bridge mode" such that the 2.5 Gigabit ethernet port can be used to connect it to my own home router?​​

​​I have found instructions on how to enable Bridge Mode on the wireless gateway, but can't seem to find info on the 2.5 gigabit ethernet port while in bridge mode.​​

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

1 year ago

@user_05775e Hello and thank you for reaching out here over our Xfinity Community Forums. The XB8 does indeed have one 2.5 Gbps port, and you can view the full details and specifications of the XB8 online here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides?linkId=160139594&linkId=167149171. Also, yes the XB8 can be configured in bridge mode, so you can use your own router. -Christopher

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityChristopher​ 

can you confirm that port 4 on an xb8 with multi gig internet service will allow more than 1gbs?

I’ve been asking xfinity on many many calls why my service is limited to 1gb but the xb8 says 2.5gb is available on port 4 but in the admin gateway portal, xfinity has all 4x ports limited to 1gb. 
why?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here