psea's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 9th, 2024 12:14 PM

XB8 Wifi completely disappeared

About 12 hours ago, all wifi devices on my network reported lost connection.  I checked in the xfinity app, and it said all was well - XB8 gateway was online, wifi network looked just as I had left it.  Rebooted it anyway, no joy.  Changed the network name a couple times from the xfinity app and confirmed SSID broadcast setting, but still cannot see any networks available from the gateway.

Logged into the admin page, all wifi also looks correct there.  SSID is set to broadcast, all three networks are there and enabled, but still cannot see the wifi network or connect to it manually.  

My wired devices still connect fine.  

Was there a firmware update that broke the wifi, or did my radio just die in the brand new XB8?  I pulled the logs from the gateway but didn't see anything.

Paul 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 month ago

I would be happy to take a look at the modem with you @psea Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@psea @XfinityDena 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

1 Message

1 month ago

Having the same issue now. :/ Any solution?

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

user_4b9eom thank you for using the Community forums page to reach out. I would be happy to look into your gateway concerns to check what exactly occurred with the devices on your home network. Are you still without service currently?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 month ago

Did they ever follow up with an explanation? I came home after being away for a few days and I now have the same issue. Went through all of the steps to try and fix it but nothings changed and I’m stuck with no Wi-Fi!!

Official Employee

• 

539 Messages

@user_n4uzew Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have issues with your internet connection. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. Have you performed the troubleshooting process with the Xfinity Assistant within the Xfinity app? I am not seeing anything on our internal boards stating there is a known issue with any pieces of our XB8s at the time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the exact same issues. I have a tech coming in tomorrow. I managed to have the Wi-Fi pop up, but only once before it was kicked off again. 

I also updated my devices and none of them can see the network. 

2 Messages

Hey all, so Xfinity contacted me and did diagnostics on my XB8. Basically it's the modem. I have to swap mine out. I hope y'all Wi-Fi work out! 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Drkladykikyo, I am sorry to hear of the trouble with your service but am glad to hear things are progressing. When will you be getting the new modem? We are happy to follow up with you here to ensure that fixed the issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here