U

Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 5:42 AM

XB8 Port Forwarding over Ethernet

I need to set up port forwarding to a computer for remote access of an application. The computer is connected back to the gateway over a wired MoCA ethernet connection. I have confirmed that the device has a local IPv4 address and access to the internet over the connection. The device is listed as connected in the WiFi tab of the mobile app, however it does not appear in the dropdown list when trying to add it as a port forward. It would appear that I am only able to add wireless devices as a port forward (but one or two wireless devices may also be missing). Can someone explain what I can do to get this to work?

5 Messages

4 months ago

Also, yes, I have already tried reserving an IP through the web GUI and restarting the modem, as suggested in the pinned post.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast! Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding the issues you are experiencing with port forwarding @user_ahpets. Have you taken a look at Set up port forwarding on your Xfinity Gateway?  This article explains how to set up port forwarding for your home network.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here