U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 13th, 2022 10:41 PM

Closed

XB8 Modem/Router

Hello,

I would really like to get my hands on the XB8 modem/router. I started my service recently, and unfortunately, they sent me an XB7 modem/router. I have both the Gigabit Extra and xFi Complete packages. I wish Xfinity would make it easier to upgrade your Modem/Router, but, like many things with Xfinity, they make it super hard to do so.

Can anyone help me with this? 

Thanks. 

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

I too would like an XB8, but for my network needs, they said I’m not eligible to receive an XB8 you have to have 900 Mbps and up, I’ve only got Super Fast which is 600 Mbps. Something tells me that since you’ve got Gig speed and they still sent you an XB7, there could be a supply issue, as you should’ve received an XB8. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@skyfox23​ The best way to get an XB8 is to have a Tech bring it to you.  I was having issues with a recently installed XB7 and I requested an XB8 on the 2nd visit.   XB8 solved by issues.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @User_75s4d4. As skyfox23 mentioned, we are currently on back order for the XB8's, and no set date has been announce for when the XB8 will become available at this time. Our waitlist has been suspended until we're able to catch up with the current orders. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. The XB7 can handle Gig+ speeds, but I definitely understand the appeal of the upgraded XB8 model and I'm hopeful we'll have a new stock coming in soon. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hello. Is it true that using a XB8 modem you can open port 25 in a residential internet line? I called xfinity and I requested port 25 to be opened on my internet line but the agent told me the only way to open this port was to get a modem from xfinity instead of using mine. Can port 25 be opened in a residential internet line?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi @user_3ab205 thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. Email is used for important communications and Comcast wants to ensure that these communications are as secure and as private as possible. As such, Comcast does not support port 25 for the transmission of email by our residential Internet customers. Much of the current use of port 25 is by computers that have been infected by malware and are sending spam without the knowledge of the users of those computers.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here