U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 6:04 PM

Closed

XB8 modem

Multiple times I was promised an xb8 modem only to be sent an xb7 modem  I have already invested in wi fi 6 equipment that will not runon wifi 5 or below. This is not right If a manager can contact me I would appreciate it Thank you

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

2 years ago

@user_59b30c 

Multiple times I was promised an xb8 modem only to be sent an xb7 modem  I have already invested in wi fi 6 equipment that will not runon wifi 5 or below. This is not right If a manager can contact me I would appreciate it Thank you

I moved your post from the Community Center/Guidelines forum to Your Home Network as that is the most appropriate place for your question.

As it is right now, the XB8 is in very short supply and is on back order; inventory should catch up in a couple of weeks.  I'm told the XB7 does pretty much the same as far as speed goes as the XB8.  Be patient and hopefully you should receive that brand spanking new XB8 soon.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as our very helpful Expert, Again relayed, we are in very short supply, and working around the clock to get more in stock. While we can attempt to send you an XB8, if we do not have them in stock, we will send you the next compatible device (XB7). If you would like to attempt shipping again, I will be happy to help, we are here 24/7.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ Xfinity has successfully shipped me three xb 7 modems to replace a xb7 modem that I already have. This makes no sense to me. My friend wh has been an xfinity customer longer than I have just received his xb 8 modem and he thought it was because he was a diamond club . Please send me the xb8 modem

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

@user_59b30c

Due to supply issues, we cannot guarantee you will get an XB8. We did have limited supply first available on beta testing, and then again for our specific reward members. At this time, if we do not have the device in stock, we would send you a compatible device. As someone who is also waiting for the XB8 for my home, I can appreciate all the concerns. I will be happy to attempt to send you an XB8. Send me a Private Message to get started.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

2 years ago

The Xb7 is WiFi 6…

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@jlavaseur​ the XB8 is also Wi-Fi 6, using the 6 GHz radio band, called 6E, but it is still Wi-Fi 6. 

As an FYI, only devices that have 6E radios will be able to see and use the new 6 GHz radio, which makes the XB8 basically a glorified XB7.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here