Flyinion's profile

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 9:55 PM

Closed

XB8 LAN port specs?

Was looking at possibly seeing about upgrading our gateway from the XB7 to the XB8 to get WiFi6E coverage as we're picking up more devices that support it.  However, am I reading the limited specs I could find correctly?  It has 4x1Gig LAN ports?  Our XB7 has one 2.5Gig port in with the other 1Gig ones and I have my primary PC hardwired to it with the 2.5Gig port on the PC.  Yes some sites and game launchers will actually download up to/past 1Gig.  I have seen steam use up to our 1.2Gig speed when downloading updates.  

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Flyinion. Thanks for your interest in the supersonic XB8 modem. This is our list of modem specifications. It shows 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports but does not specify if one of them is a 2.5 Gig port. I blew up the picture of the modem really big, 300%, and can see the orange line on the lower right port indicating 2.5 Gig just like the XB7. 

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Thanks for the info!  That's great to hear as one of the things I'm planning to do in the future is expand my whole wired home network to 2.5Gig or greater internally.  Probably with some of Ubiquiti's stuff that's coming.  So having a faster than Gigabit connection for that hardware will be very useful.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

@Flyinion You're very welcome! Glad to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

@XfinityRay​ But those specs say that there are "four gigabit ethernet ports" not three gigabit ports and one 2.5 port. Confusing... Perhaps the powers that be at Comcast should have that mistake corrected ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

My XB8 Ethernet outputs don’t work ?

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_00d6a1 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 3-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here