U

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 2:06 PM

Xb8 keep disconnect

I've got the XB8-t gateway just three weeks ago. It worked fine until 2 days ago. Now the gateway keeps disconnect every 30 minutes and require a restart. I tried to reset to the factory setting and set up the gateway again but no help. Any idea please?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

6 Messages

@EG​ yes it is with a wifi connection. I tried with a pc hardwired directly to the router but it shows no connection.
After reset, the gateway gets the connection and internet but after 1 hour it drops, the light begins to blink and I have to reset again.

sometime the gateway requires several resets to get connected

6 Messages

@EG​ and tv receiver works fine. I still have tv so I dont think a connection problem from my side. Probably it is due to the gateway

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_cx7p2v, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_cx7p2v 

What do the modem's signal status values look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

16 days ago

I am having same problem for last 3 weeks 

Worked with tech support and troubleshooting didn’t help. Went to store today to get xb8 replaced anf they are out of stock

6 Messages

A tech came to check after online support could not help to identify the problem. They replaced the modem. Obviously it is their fault because the modem stopped to work after 2 weeks and they are charging me 100usd for the tech installation that I didnt ask. I could go to the store to pick up if they said that the problem was the modem. Simply they cant detect it and they are charging me

Expert

• 

106K Messages

16 days ago

You never posted the info that I requested 22 days ago.... Good luck !

6 Messages

@EG​ yeah my bad, sorry EG. however, as you see from the messsages, Xfinity asked me to contact their support. 

6 Messages

Xfinity service is not efficient. They simple send a tech to spill you money

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

We are glad to further help with the visit, user_cx7p2v. If the root cause of the problem is Xfinity owned equipment or wiring, the visit is free. There are times that the visit is set up as an installation or technician recovery visit which come with the $100 charge which is what may have happened here.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here