bs92787's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Saturday, August 28th, 2021 4:32 PM

Closed

XB7 PORT FORWARDING NOT WORKING

Hello,

I am attempting to setup port forwarding to my NAS and I have the Xfinity XB7 modem/router.  The NAS doesn't have a firewall and whenever I port forward to the NAS on certain ports and test them externally they CAN NOT be reached.  I have tried disabling advanced security, enabling port forwarding, and even tried adding the NAS to the DMZ in the XB7, and no matter what the ports can't be reached....  Is this a flaw of the XB7 device?  My old router worked perfectly fine and was self owned.  Do I need to just buy my own router?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello there, @bs92787. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. Our Port Forwarding does work with our XB7 modems. I am thinking maybe the ports used are being blocked. We can surely look into this and see if we can get it resolved. Can you send me a PM with your name and address? 

To send a private message, please click on the chat icon on the top right next to the bell. Please make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityKorie I have sent a message/PM at this time.  I know the XB7 shows it port forwards but for whatever reason when I enter them and apply and test from outside they aren't open.  I am a Network engineer so I understand the concept of port forwarding and I've probably configured it 100 times minimum.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Here is what I get whenever I attempt to add a rule to * or my PC today...

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Got it! Thanks for providing such great details the picture really helps:) Let's take a deeper look at things from my end to do this I will need to verify your account. Can you reach back out to us via chat so that we can get your account verified? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

Picture of the error...

https://imgur.com/a/cMSvt0B

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you! Can you set up the port forward, even though it does not connect, so our back end team can look how it is configured. The port forward has been removed according to our end. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here