rc0's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Nov 22, 2020 9:00 PM

XB6-T overheating very badly

Hi! I'm having strange issues with my Xfi Gateway. Recently, on a daily basis, the XB6-T overheats so badly to a point that the entire network shuts off and it just blinks amber while the fan can be heard on full throttle trying to disappate the heat. 

I have Blast! Pro with 300 mbps (bay area of California.) Should I try getting another XB6, or can I get the less problematic XB7?

Responses

darkangelic

Expert

• 

2K Messages

7 m ago

I never had such issues with that gateway myself, but assuming it's in a well venitlated area and the vents are not clogged with dust, it's possible you just have a defective one - just visit your closest Comcast store and swap it out for a new one (you're likely getting an XB6 since the XB7s are typically prioritized for gigabit tier customers). If you can't do that you can request a new one by calling (800)XFINITY or use chat support. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here