U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 9th, 2023 9:07 PM

Closed

XB6 vs XB8 for new service, should I ask to upgrade?

I recently signed up for the latest 200 mbps for 2 years deal with a free modem included for 2 years as well. Instead of the nice new XB8 that I expected from the commercials, I received the older XB6.

I know my speed does not really require the XB8, a was looking forward to trying out 6E. My biggest concern is that the XB6 has the Intel Puma chip and a while ago I downgraded from the SB6190 to the SB6183 to help with latency issues with the Inlel Puma.

Should I try exchanging mine for an XB8 or should I just try using it as is? I assume I can always switch the the 6183, it still would take a little time.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_8e25d5, thanks for reaching out to our forum with your gateway questions. I know it's always a key value when renting Xfinity equipment is not having to worry about keeping up with the latest tech, becuase we provide that to you with our devices. With your speed tier, you won't be eligible for the XB7/XB8, but I can promise you the XB6 is still top-notch and will provide the speeds you're paying for and bring some amazing network features to your fingertips. Have you noticed any connection issues with your current gateway? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here