U

Monday, January 8th, 2024 6:16 PM

Closed

Work VPN connection keeps getting disconnected

I work from home a couple days a week and up until a couple months ago I have never had a problem working remotely with my office VPN.  My IT department has checked and said that something is blocking the VPN connection.  I'm constantly having to reboot my laptop and the connection will only last for 30 minutes or so.  I'm not understanding what has changed.  Tax season is getting ready to start up and I can't have this keep happening.  It is very sporadic when it starts happening.  It has happened to my fiance'  when he tries working remotely at my house also.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

8 months ago

Hey there, @user_aglc9t! Thanks for creating a post about your VPN concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having, and I would love to see what we can do to help! Outside the VPN, are you noticing any other connectivity issues such as slower speeds than expected, or an intermittent loss across all devices?

5 Messages

Not having any other issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for confirming this for us, @user_aglc9t! Are you able to confirm if you are experiencing this issue while connecting hardwired directly to the modem via an ethernet cord?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I have not tried that. What exactly do I need to do?  I will be working from home tomorrow (Friday) so I can test it and see.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Great question, @user_aglc9t! Here is a great link to more details on how to connect your laptop directly to the modem with an ethernet cord. Please let me know if this helps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

It still kicks me off even when connected directly with an Ethernet cable

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here