M

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 1:40 PM

Wireless gaming headphones getting a ridiculous amount of interference from WiFi & smart devices

Good morning,

I've been experiencing a lot of trouble with interference from my Xi7 gateway's WiFi signals and my headphones (Corsair Virtuoso XT, using their slipstream wireless usb receiver).

Both input and output will cut out intermittently, even while I am sitting directly at my desk, and the receiver is not but 2 feet from the headphones. Sometimes the interference is nonexistent, but other times it happens continuously (every 5-10 seconds for a brief .5-1s). It's frustrating!

I've gone through Corsair support, replaced the headphones with new ones to see if this could be why I'm experiencing issue, but it persists. The only certainty is that I have my xfinity gateway, my computer (with USB receiver), and quite a lot of wifi enabled smart lights (8 in this room, about 5-8 in the room over -- all govee).

Is there a way to limit signals on the 2.4GHz network so it doesn't impede and interfere with my headphones? Or could I perhaps specificy specific channels and just trial and error find ones that don't cause the interference?

Thank you,
Mark

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

mwalk567 Thank you for reaching out. It's pretty uncommon to have interference from your internet signal to where it would be negatively impacting headphones. Have you tried moving the modem/router further away? Also, you may need to consider other wireless devices that are in use within close proximity of you that could be causing some type of interference. The modem connection doing that is pretty unlikely but moving the modem is still a recommendation we would make.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here