Anon1375032's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Wednesday, September 13th, 2023 2:58 PM

Closed

wifi unstable using xfinity modem as bridge

I have been getting many messages on the TV screen that the wifi has failed.  This has now affected the Mobile Link for my Generac generator.  What is causing this problem?  it usually occures in the evening.  Last night it was going on and off multiple times.  I checked with my computer and the wifi connection was on.

What can I do or is this an Xfinity problem?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

@Anon1375032 I am glad to hear the restart fixed the issue. I personally suggest rebooting your device weekly as this will assist in refreshing your network connection. It is often the simplest way to improve slow or spotty connections and resolve wireless issues. It's also important to reboot your modem after any service interruption or update as well.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Thanks for the advice.  I'll follow through on that.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

@Anon1375032 Thank you for reaching out. I understand how important your services are to you as they are to me as I also to work from home full time and any service issues will cause a headache not only to not be able to assist my customers but prevents my kids from getting school work done and being entertained while I am working! 

I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

1 year ago

I did refresh which did not help.  Finally, I did a restart, and that fixed the problem. 

I guess my questions is this:  should i do a restart on a regular basis, say one a week, once a month, or just when the wifi drops off?

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Is the app which can do a restart the  same restart as shown in the settings > help?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Anon1375032 you are welcome! Is there anything additional I may assist you with at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here