MRomine's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

WiFi Router Password

I am trying to assist an elderly person with her Xfinity Home WiFi. She has lost her WiFi password and can not get access to her WiFi. There is a password on the Xfinity router but it is not working. I pushed the reset button on the router and rebooted the router and then tried the default password that is listed on the router but it did not work. Should that work?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, I did not know about a 30 sec hold on the reset button. If I do that, will the router reset to the factory password that is listed on her router? This would be eaiser than going onto the Xfinity website and setting up an account for her that she will never use or know how to use. 

Thank you for trying to assist. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

You can't just push that reset button. You need to hold it in for 30 seconds for a factory reset. Before you even do that, look here and see the current password;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Be advised that any other customized settings that may have been made will be lost, and that they will need to be re-configured from scratch if you do so. It may be easier just to go to that link and look for it.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, I will try that.

Thanks again.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Quite welcome !

forum icon