U

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 7:39 PM

WiFi router fee

I have been having issues repeatedly with the internet service freezing in the middle of a show, movie, sport, etc. and I called a couple weeks ago during the Olympics and I was told that I can upgrade my 1 gig service to 1 gig complete for an additional $10 per month and that would solve my issues. When I called a couple days ago, the $10 became $25 because I was told that I had to pay an additional $15 for the router fee even though when I got the internet service last November I was supposed to have a waiver for 24 months, but because I upgraded the service I have to pay for the router now. 

This is a complete racket because Xfinity is a [Edited: "Language"] monopoly in my area. I hope they enjoy the extra fee as long as it lasts until somebody else provides internet service in my area because as soon as that happens, I AM GONE!

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

18 days ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

18 days ago

Good afternoon @user_nzem9u and happy Tuesday, we hope you are having an otherwise fantastic Tuesday and appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums with your router fee concerns. I am sorry to hear that your bill and the costs of xFi were not made clear during the order process and for any confusion. We do sometimes offer xFi Complete at a discounted rate as part of a promotion but can never guarantee it but I understand being upset that you lost the 24-month waiver for your equipment rental fee. Would you like us to take a look at current offers to see if we can help? Rest assured, our team wants to help how we can. 

3 Messages

You can look at whatever offers you have available but it's again the matter of you not honoring your commitment because you practically have a monopoly in my area. As soon as another internet company offers service in my area, I will cancel my Xfinity account immediately.

YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DESPICABLE.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_nzem9u, This is never the experience we want for our customers. We are here to help. Please let us know if you would like us to assist you with finding a promotion that fits your needs. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Yes, what “promotions” do you have that could possibly help me?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We got great Xfinity deals for you, user_nzem9u! Whether you're shopping for our latest digital cable TV deals, new high-speed Internet offers, specials on reliable home phone service, the latest and greatest mobile devices and cell service on America's most reliable 5G network, or our newest home security and home control promotions, we've got great new offers for you. Let's take a closer look together. We'll ask a few questions about your service needs and review offers. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
As a reminder, you can also review offers online in My Account

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here