OrangeMarker's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 9:41 PM

Closed

Wifi password for third party modem?

I installed and activated Comcast on a brand new third party Motorola modem. 

How do I find and set my wifi password?  Under "Devices" on the xfinity page it informs me:

"Wireless Gateway: MG7700

We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported Xfinity or personal device."
The default motorola configuration access doesn't work, of course, because presumably Comcast installed firmware.
Ok....so now what do I do?  Am I expected to actually get through to tech support on the phone?  Impossible.

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

3 years ago

You have to log in to the modem, not your xfinity account.  Instructions for how to do so are in the manual that came with the modem; alternatively you could download the manual for your modem from the manufacturer's website. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@NoNoBadPuppy  IF you had bothered to read my entire post you would have seen: "The default motorola configuration access doesn't work, of course, because presumably Comcast installed firmware. ".

The default motorola configuration access doesn't work.  It's a brand new modem.  The access info is on the bottom of the modem.  It doesn't work.  Presumably because Comcast installs firmware.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

Ok I figured it out.  Got through to Motorola tech support FINALLY and they said I could do a factory reset on my modem even though it's provisioned and i will still have access to the internet after i did this that thing.  Well I did that AND I power cycled my computer and my modem and voila all of a sudden the default motorola configuration access worked and i was able to set my wifi password.  Two business hours wasted (including the interminable provisioning process mostly due to getting through to tech support).  Thanks comcast!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here