WalterBrakey's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Wifi not showing up

Today I got internet installed and it's connecting to all devices except for one computer. On that computer it isn't showing up in the available networks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@WalterBrakey wrote:
Today I got internet installed and it's connecting to all devices except for one computer. On that computer it isn't showing up in the available networks.

What model/operating system is the computer that is not seeing the WiFi network?  Does it see ANY networks?  Have you looked at the computers' WiFi network device settings to see if something needs to be tweaked to see what your WiFi network is broadcasting? 

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

4 years ago

@WalterBrakey wrote:

FWIW. If it is a 5.0 GHz band SSID that is broadcasting, and if that computer's WiFi adapter only supports the 2.4 GHz band, it won't even see it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same problem.  Could see 10 other WiFi networks around my neighborhood.  After trying everything online I went into the Gateway/Router settings using the http://10.0.0.1/wireless_network_configuration_edit.php?id=1 link and changed the "mode" from "802.11 g/n/ax" to just "802.11 g/n" and it showed up on my available networks!  Hope this helps.

Router Fix for WiFi.JPG

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

THANK YOU! Almost threw my laptop out the window today. 

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

3 years ago

The original poster has not returned. 10-month old-dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here