U

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 8:41 PM

WiFi network keeps disappearing

I’ve had two different modems in the last week (an X7b and now an X8b) that I’ve setup and created wireless networks with. With both modems, the wifi network appears for a day or two and everything connects to it beautifully. Then, inexplicably, it disappears and no device can locate the network. Anything that is physically plugged into the LAN ports connects to the internet without problem. Once the network has disappeared, it is impossible to get it back. I’ve rebooted and restored the modem to factory defaults. I’ve changed the network name and password. I’ve contacted Xfinity customer support and they directed me to get another modem, but I just can’t believe that this is a modem problem. Any suggestion for what I can do to solve this problem? Has anyone else experienced this?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_5bz48i, thank you for sharing those details in your post and letting me know what's been done to this point. I can't imagine what you've been going through with this disappearing act, but I have your back on this. I'd like to review your account and run some troubleshooting steps, but I do have a quick question first. Are you using a standalone/personal router along with your Xfinity gateway? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here