U

Sunday, October 20th, 2024 8:26 PM

wifi keeps dropping

I have had this issue for three days.  My internet will drop off and then I restart my gateway and then I have no wifi.  all the ethernet lines are working but I have no wifi and I cant get it to work no matter what Ive done.

3 Messages

1 day ago

Me too. It is constant and difficult to get a human being to talk to about it. I try chatting and checking service through the xfinity app and it just keeps saying our signal is great. But our devices all get dropped multiple times a day, we have to restart the router every couple of days. Getting ready to switch to a different service but our area has limited options. 

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

20 hours ago

Good afternoon @user_g2ikd3. Are you not seeing your Wi-Fi SSID after your reset? 

3 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ Is SSID the name of the Wi-Fi network? We see it fine, it will say it has excellent strength too but still drops out all the time. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

19 hours ago

I’m having the same issue for 2 years.  Cuts in and out on mobile devices.  The phone rings intermittently, calls get dropped and messages can show up days later? I tried all the recommendations, my sister had the same issues at another address.  Xfinity came to her house, replaced gateway, and she still has the same issue.  She lives where ther is cell service and I live where there is very limited service.  I may get one bar outside my house.  Would a business account work more reliably?  It appears to be a problem no matter what cell carrier you have.  There are only 2 of us with speeds for 6-8.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here