MA

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2022 12:39 PM

Closed

Wi-fi hacked

How do i disconnect someones device connected to my wi-fi?

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Change the WiFi password, then reconnect your stuff.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@flatlander3​ i have done this multiple times and they are still getting onto my [Edited: "Language"]! Idk what else to do

(edited)

Contributor

• 

167 Messages

2 years ago

Had relatively good luck using the X-fi gui to pause any device that's not familiar or you could probably blacklist the Mac address at Firewall...

Just my .2 cents.

Thanks and good luck.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_bb801b​  Yeah, but if there is a device that is able to the connect to the network, the key is compromised.  That's not cool.  Use a good password too.  Upper/Lower case, numbers, special chars, longer is better....etc.

I'd go further and change the WiFi password, and the Xfinity  password.......perhaps everything that used a password when the device was there that uses auto-logins, mail accounts, etc.  Compromised networks are not a minor thing. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_bb801b​ how do i black list them? And also i have changed my password several times and they still seem to get back on my network

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_bb801b​ i have paused them but they still end up getting back on same device but different ip address or Mac address. How do i blacklist them?

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @Ms.adrummond79. Thank you for creating a post in our forums. We will be more than happy to assist you in providing you with the information you need. You can manage the devices that are connected to your gateway via the Xfinity app or the xFi website as well. You can use the following link https://comca.st/34iisPg for more information. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityEdgardo​ can someone please help me with this issue? I have changed my password several times and then i will wait awhile and they seem to get back in and it is always the same devices with a slightly different Mac address and or ip address but i know it's the same because the name of the device pops up. I need this fixed idk what else to do

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

We will be more than happy to assist you. As this issue may be particular to your service and devices, we will need to access the account and verify what the next steps are. Please send us a peer-to-peer message by clicking on the message button on the top right of the screen and we will do our best to assist you further. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Where can i speak with someone you said hit the message button at top of screen and that just takes me to the forum

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Someone Keeps hacking into my xfi internet network and i keep pausing them but they then get back into my network i have already changed my password several times. Can someone please tell me how to disconnect term from my network instead of continuing to pause them? Is there a way i can block them from connecting?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled How to disconnect a device that does not belong on my network

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us. Just to clarify, you are showing that there is a device that is connected to the internet and you have tried to block it, but it keeps connecting again? Please send us a peer-to-peer message to assist you further. 

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@Ms.adrummond79

Hello! Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum. I will be happy to assist with your concerns. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Ms.adrummond79 Please do not start multiple threads on this same issue.  Continue following up in this thread.

Thanks.

Forum Guidelines

Acceptable Use Policy

(edited)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@Again​ no my question was not answered! I was told to do a peer to peer direct message and i did but no one has even answered anything. Never said hello answered my message or anything so no i have not had my issue answered so now what??????

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

@Ms.adrummond79​ I would be much more interested in the HOW this is happening, and many more details in WHAT is connecting, and details like -- are they actually getting an IP address.  What is your router?  Can you flip it over and post a model number?

Can you post of screen shot of the connected device?  We're looking for it's MAC (although it's probably randomized) and IP address.  If it isn't getting an IP address, then that's actually OK.  You are NOT compromised.  You really can't stop someone from trying to connect, but ultimately, if they don't know the WiFi key, they aren't actually connected.

If your Xfinity account itself is compromised, they try changing your Xfinity password first.  Also enable 2 factor authentication.  Log out.  Reboot your device you changed it with, and THEN change your WiFi password and power cycle your router. Also the SSID name of your router so it broadcasts something else for a name. 

Why the SSID change?  If a neighbor tried to connect, failed, but the left the entry in their device, it may be trying to connect automatically.  It's not deliberate on their part.  More on that later.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/enroll-2-step-verification

That might not do you any good if the device you are changing it with is also Pwned, but it's a good place to start.  Router config on the 'cloud' off-site.....what could possibly go wrong, right Xfinity??  (eyeroll).

There has been some reports of 'ghost' devices like the Arris modems and a mesh networking function trying to connect.  I don't know if that was resolved, or proven to not be an actual security exploit, or a problem or not. 

If it's something that IS actually a security exploit, then it should be escalated.  That's a bit more serious.  If it's just a device attempting to connect, but failing and you still getting an alert it connected, that SHOULD also be escalated.  It's a bug they really should be aware of and they should fix it.  It's not a sev 1 (loss of function), but it's pretty high up there and all their gear his it. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here