U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 16th, 2024 1:42 PM

wifi goes out at night

The last 3 nights the internet connection in the house goes out. I have unplugged the modem/router, I have checked connections and done all the troubleshooting I know about. But at night none of my devices can connect to my wifi. The router broadcasts the network and I can see it from my wifi setting but when I try to connect it says the network is not connected to the internet. In the morning, as of right now, all my devices are connected to the network and running smoothly. what can I try tonight to fix the problem if I cannot connect to the internet tonight?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hello @user_c7631a, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_c7631a 

FWIW, the overnight hours are their window of opportunity for performing network maintenance / upgrades. This can result in disconnections.  But it shouldn't happen every night for a long period of time. Sometimes the process goes awry. Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here