U

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 8:31 PM

Closed

WiFi dropping/connecting cause work VPN connection issues.

Since January I have had trouble with my VPN staying connected on my laptop and noticing my wifi connection in and out. I've had jump on my iPhone Verizon personal hotspot several times daily since January and find I do not lose my VPN connection using my hotspot. However, my hotspot does not work well trying to run everything in addition to MS Teams meetings. I have a few colleagues having the same issue with Xifinity, some of us are on a speed of 800 mbsp and still having the same issue. We have ruled out firewall issues at work and our IP addresses. I have a new Xfinity router. Yesterday was extremely horrible and this morning was horrible with Wifi dropping/connecting. So far this afternoon there have not been any issues. Not sure if a phone call by another colleague to Xfinity helped but none of us have had issues all afternoon. Curious to know if others are having the same issues. I would like to know if Xfinity found a solution today, just not sharing the cause and the resolution. I would like to see an improvement for all Xfinity customers who are experiencing these internet issues as a lot of us are paying for higher speeds expecting better internet service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there @user_meh33, our connections are so important these days, especially when we need them for work, so I hear you loud and clear. Have you by chance checked if there were any corresponding planned/unplanned service interruptions during the times you noticed the intermittent connection? 

2 Messages

I have not but it happens now daily since January. I have other colleagues with the same issue. We are in different areas and two different states with the same issues and same carrier.

2 Messages

Every time my VPN loses connection I do not lose internet connection, just my VPN connection. I am on wired connection with 220 mbps. Something about Xfinity internet is causing my VPN to do this..

"Unblocking outside dns using services"

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_meh33 Thanks for reaching out with your connection concern when using a VPN. Is it used for work, and does your job have an IT team that can assist if yes? It may just be the settings that is causing the issue that they can assist with if so, and if not please let me know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

@user_meh33  I have just joined Xfinity services and my work VPN disconnects multiple times an hour much like you have stated. I have read threads from four years ago of this same exact stuff happening. I have tried everything to no avail. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, Jwoot. We generally don’t provide technical support for third-party VPNs, however we have some information that may be helpful in the following article. Please note, there may be specific security or firewall settings required by your employer that may need to be implemented. Use Virtual Private Network (VPN) with your Xfinity Internet service

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

this same thing keeps happening to me also. The IT department at my company said this has been happening to several people that have Comcast/xfinity. 

He said the router is the main issue with this and Xfinity isn't doing anything to change it. Actively looking for new internet providers 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@user_i7wihr 

If you wish, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 4-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here