U

Friday, June 14th, 2024 2:14 AM

Wifi connection

So for the past couple of months, our wifi has been super [Edited: Language]. We’ve switched out our modem multiple times and we’ve had them come to our place and take a look but nothing has worked. This is horrible and cannot believe this. As a customer for over a decade, and paying over $300 a month, I am so disappointed and frustrated. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

For a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your service issues, user_5mekmx. This is not the experience we would like you to have, and we'd like an opportunity to help. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you check the coaxial connection on both ends (wall plate and modem) to make sure it's tight and there's no damage to it? Have you tried manually rebooting the modem or through our Xfinity App? 

4 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ I have tried both of those and nothing has seemed to work. We even had an Xfinity guy come multiple times to fix it and it seemed to do nothing at aññ

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@user_5mekmx 

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

4 Messages

@EG​ hey sorry but I don’t know how to log into that but is there anything else k can tell you that will give you information? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here