U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 25th, 2022 11:19 PM

Closed

Wifi connection issues with iOS & MacOS devices only (no issues with Windows, Android, etc)

Since about a week or so all my iOS & MacOS devices (iPhone/iPad/MacBook) are having significant Wifi issues. The wifi connection drops intermittently. After about 30 - 60 seconds the device connects to the wifi again, but sometimes I need to switch the wifi on the device off and on to get a connection again. In a few instances I could not connect to my wifi network at all, and got a message saying “Unable to join the network. This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other nearby networks”.

My other devices running on Windows and Android appear to be working without issues.

I have tried everything, including rebooting the router, reinstalling the xFi Pods, deleting my Wifi network from the devices (and adding it back), resetting the iOS devices network settings, and contacting the xFinity help desk (who made me unplug and replug the Coax cable, and who apparently loaded new “boot files”), but none of it worked. All devices have the latest firmware. I have the TG4482A modem/router and 3 xFi pods.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to solve this?

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

First it is clear its with the IOS devices and not Modem specific. I would see if you have internet relay chat enabled on the apple devices, Next I would check to see if the devices are filtering out the network, wether Via some software you have on all three devices. Also. Go into the xfinity app, its purple for internet, then once in on bottom click connect. You will see a list of devices in there. Look for all of the iOS devices. See if some how they have be filtered out. Next turn off all the wifi connections on iOS devices, go into app and click them and click forget device. after your done restart the app and turn back on the wifi on iOS devices and try to connect.  If your running some kind of Security malware software on the devices it will also cause issue you described. WAIT

You have the 3 xfi pods are they small? Bingo, if they are the small ones those are first generation and as such you need to upgrade those to the Newer 2nd Generation ones. Newer ones are way better and they can switch between 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. As a last result to rule out your modem. Go to Xfinity and get an XB7 if your internet speed is over 900MBS or XB6 if its 600mbs or less. Plug it in and see if you have same issue. If issue disappears then we isolated the issue to your modem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_17355f, I really appreciate the time took you took to type such a detailed post. That was a great way to get us on the same page and let me know what you've done so far. It certainly sounds like you've done a ton of great troubleshooting steps already, so thank you for being diligent. I noticed our awesome community has also already provided some help, have you had a chance to try any of those steps outlined? If so, are you still experiencing that intermittent connection issue on your Apple products? 

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

Upon further reflection there is one thing that came to mind on this issue. You mentioned the windows devices are all working fine. You posted Firewall information showing blocked. It is said firewall that is cuasing the issues not xfinity. You may have some sort of Firewall app you need to go into it and allow the IOS devices. You can also do this in Windows if that is the firewall your using. Need to make the three apple devices trusted devices. As the firewall is blocking their access. I am quite certain this will fix your issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here