V

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 7:13 PM

WiFi calling and texting issues since upgrade

Ever since we upgraded our Xfinity service to 1000 Mbps and equipment to the xFi advanced gateway (XB7), we have been having issues with our AT&T wireless phones using WiFi calling and SMS. We cannot send SMS text messages or make/receive calls.

We did not have any issues with Wi-Fi calling with our previous 400Mbps or 800Mbps plans using our xFi wireless gateway (XB3).

We have to toggle our Airplane mode on/off in order to restore our call/text service, and even then it only lasts a few minutes before getting shut down again.

How can we fix this issue? I have not found any resolutions posted to the xFinity forums or anywhere else. I have tried turning off Advanced Security, enabling Port Forwarding per AT&T's recommendations, and connecting directly to the gateway Wi-Fi and local xFinity hotspot (as opposed to the mesh Wi-Fi network).

Some relevant info:

Phones: Pixel 7 (mine) and iPhone SE 2020 (wife's)

Network: TP Link Deco M5 wireless mesh system

This was not an issue until upgrade speed/equipment to 1000Mb/XB7

Thanks

vsansg1

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @vsansg1, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

@vsansg1 @XfinityKrista 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here