TheFronz99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, July 22nd, 2022 12:14 AM

Closed

WiFi 6E not showing on my device

I have the new XB8 Gateway and a device that supports WiFi 6E. I saw the 6E icon the other day and was getting 1.2 gig on the speed test. But I haven't seen it since just? It says WiFi 6 and half the speed. If there are no other WiFi 6E devices in my home, why doesn't my device always connect to the 6Ghz band?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, TheFronz99! Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums for assistance with your XB8 Wi-Fi network concerns. Typically, you can manage your Network's Wi-Fi channels (2.4, 5, and 6 GHz) through the Admin Page. By visiting our xFi website or by downloading our awesome xFi App. The best option to manage the 6Ghz channel would be there. However, our newer gateways (XB6, XB7, and Xb8) have been upgraded with software that manages advanced Wi-Fi settings automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible. The gateway will automatically detect and connect devices using the optimal channel to provide the best Wi-Fi signal at any given time. Advanced Wi-Fi settings for Gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or Xfinity xFi. Have you tried testing the speed while hardwired? Do you get the same results? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here