elie2wins's profile

Contributor

• 

64 Messages

Mon, Dec 21, 2020 6:00 PM

Why are my Gig speeds only temporarily returned after speaking to Support

My prior issues of gigspeeds were resolved but they have now returned. The last couple of calls to support have returned those speeds but it only seems to last for that day. What is support doing to resolve this and why doesnt it last?

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

6 m ago

@elie2wins wrote:

My prior issues of gigspeeds were resolved but they have now returned. ?

What exactly was done to resolve it in the past ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
elie2wins

Contributor

• 

64 Messages

6 m ago

I wish I could say. No support call "fixed" the issues. My initial problem was that of the gateway not getting gig speeds in bridge-mode. Then after a couple resets and retrying, Gigspeeds were pretty consistent atleast until i tested a few days ago. 

When i contacted support, a few days ago (400mbps) i did the normal troubleshooting and it wasnt until they did some "tests" from their side, was i then getting gig speeds again. then overnight those speeds disappeared. I contacted support and again, during their "tests", higher speeds returned. And because those speeds return, no tech will be sent.

EG

Expert

• 

87.1K Messages

6 m ago

A tech visit / boots on the ground may be exactly what you need !

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here