NoNoBadPuppy's profile

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 3:00 AM

Closed

Which packages support DOCSIS 3.1?

I am on the 200 Mbps package.  I have been having slow download speed issues for a month or more, and recently replaced my modem with an Arris (Motorola) SB8200.  It is a DOCSIS 3.1 capable modem. 

The modem has leds on the front that show status.  Solid Green shows a DOCSIS 3.0 signal, while solid blue shows a DOCSIS 3.1 signal.  My modem has a solid green LED.

My question is: what packages support DOCSIS 3.1?  the package I am in is the fastest available in my area.  I would like to enable DOCSIS 3.1 if possible, as it has less latency and jutter than 3.0.

I cannot find any information as to how avaialability of DOCSIS 3.1 is handled by xFinity.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

If 200Mbit is the fastest speed in your area, then you may have an ancient system that has not been updated to DOCSIS 3.1. The package you have should have no effect on whether a modem can use 3.1, it just affects your maximum speeds.

I have plain Performance (100/5), and have DOCSIS 3.1 in my area using an SB8200.

Also, Comcast currently only has downstream 3.1, so the downstream light would be blue, but the upstream will still be green. Not sure if ANY cable system has upstream 3.1 yet.

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!  I just found out that DOCSIS 3.1 is not available in my area yet, but it is scheduled to be avaialable in the not too distant future. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 years ago

Here is your other recent thread for reference / perspective;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Problem-with-new-modem/m-p/3406932#M342250

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 years ago

Is there an "OFDM /PLC" or an "Other" labeled channel being shown as "Locked" on the signal status page ? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here