VLA2's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Friday, March 27th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Which Coax cable when switching from AT&T UVerse?

I have an active UVerse account and am trying to set up my Xfinity gateway/router using the self-install kit before cancelling AT&T.  I had Comcast in this house many years ago.  I was told that a technician has done the required work on the line outside.  The orange cable  that I thought I needed to use is not a standard cable coax, the pin is far too wide.  Do I just need an adapter?  I don't think I can use the black cables which appear to be for the UVerse hookup.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/jGAzQeP 

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Remove the barrel connector, then hook up your splitter. That little silver piece is to keep noise from back feeding out to the plant, it’s not a connector at all

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

It never occurred to me that it was removable.  Thank you!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 years ago

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 years ago

@VLA2 

See that you have a link in your first post now. You didn't give any notice of editing here...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here