U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, May 11, 2022 6:40 PM

Where's the supersonic router for me???

i've been a longtime CC customer. I started seeing the commercials touting the new faster routers back in April so I went to the local store. They were not even aware, so they had to look it up and told me come back in a few weeks. Well, I just went back now in mid-May, and was told they still don't have them. Further, I was told they were only being given out to very limited customer base for trial, and what she heard was that they are full of bugs and issues, and that the ones given out have been returned because they were worse than the current gateways. I appreciate candor, but is this true? Why is CC putting so much effort into advertising something they don't have in stock, and according to their own employee....it's so poor that users are returning it. Is this true? 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

12 d ago

Hello @user_4de986 and thank you for reaching out for assistance regarding our recent rollout of our newest Xfinity Wireless Gateway, the XB8. That is definitely not the experience we are wanting you to have when you have questions about our products and services while visiting an Xfinity Store.

At this time, our XB8 has a limited inventory in every area and is currently reserved for customers who subscribe to your Gigabit speed tier. I have not personally seen any reports regarding bugs or issues for the XB8, but we have had issues with our previous modem versions rollouts with the issues you've described. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ hi Brad, I have gig speed internet. The agent in the store never even asked or looked up my info. So how do I request one? If it’s as good as advertised, then I think it would be a big benefit to me and I’d like one asap.

thanky you

XfinityAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.8K Messages

Awesome, but please note that due to limited inventory, we cannot guarantee you will receive an XB8 xFi Advanced Gateway via professional Xfinity Internet installation or through a Getting Started kit. Please also note that due to this limited inventory, you may receive an XB7. The XB7 xFi Advanced Gateway supports all of the same Xfinity Internet speed tiers as the XB8 and Supersonic WiFi. In addition, at this time, Comcast Service Centers or Xfinity Stores do not have the XB8 device available in store. Would you like to proceed at this time, or would you prefer to wait until we can guarantee you will receive one? Unfortunately, we do not have an exact date, but once we do, that communication will be sent out. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ hi, your excuses and questions are nonsensical. Am I rolling dice here with requesting XB8, might get XB7, which is what I already have? Why ask me that?Further, telling me the XB7 is basically the same, is counter to all your advertising. If XB7 supports same, then what’s all the advertising about new supersonic gateway?

Official Employee

• 

229 Messages

@user_4de986 We totally understand where you are coming from. We are more than happy to place an order for the new XB8, no problem at all, we just want to make sure to first set the proper and honest expectations, that at the moment, due to a number of factors including the incredible demand for our newest Xfinity advanced wireless gateway, some valued Xfinity family members who are ordering one are receiving the XB7 in place of the XB8, since the way our fulfillment process works, when we place and order for a new gateway for a customer, our warehouse and fulfillment center processes the order as soon as possible based on the inventory we have available at the time of shipping. Since many customers need a modem to be able to activate and use their services, if the new XB8 is not available, rather than not sending out anything at all, they will send the XB7 instead. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, we are not trying to make excuses or be misleading to our valued Xfinity family members.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 d ago

I have gigabit service and was told twice the warehouse had them in stock but both times was shipped a xb7 which I already have it gets pretty annoying to see the commercials about supersonic but we can't even get the equipment the amount of money that I'm paying per month I want the best that's being offered 

Official Employee

• 

122 Messages

I completely understand, and we want to provide you with the best! I know it is frustrating when you cannot receive what you are looking for. Rest assured we will be sure to send out the notification as soon as our XB8 becomes available. We truly appreciate your time and understanding. If there is anything else our team can do to help, please let us know. We are here for your support 24/7. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here