I

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 6:52 PM

Web Server Port Forwarding Stopped Working

Hi, I've been running a web server on a local machine using port forwarding. After a recent update / outage (not sure which), the port forwarding stopped working and I can't use my website.

The internet connection itself is completely fine. The local machine is still connected and it still has a reserved IP address in the admin console. The port forwards are still visible in the app. I've tried restarting my router and using the app to "troubleshoot" both the entire internet and the specific device. There are no apparent issues with the setup, but the issue still remains that the web server is not working. 

Does anyone know why my port forwards would stop functioning?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello ibbel25. Are you using an Xfinity modem or any external router?

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ Hi, I have an XB8 Xfinity Gateway.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

ibbel25 Have you tried deleting the port forward and creating it again? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Yes, doesn't help

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

ibbel25 We also recommend you check the following settings: 

• Confirm that you did not set a static IP for the device using the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1). If you did, the static IP should be removed, the Xfinity app will use the IP address from DHCP to set a static MAC bind and establish the port forward rule.
  • Check Device Details and confirm that the device is using an IPv4 address to connect to the network and not an IPv6 address. The Xfinity app can only support port forwards for devices using IPv4 addresses.
    • If the device is dual stack, you should check with the device manufacturer on how to disable the IPv6 or set the IPv4 as “Preferred."

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

It has a reserved IPv4 address which is the address that shows up as "reserved IP Address" in the port forwarding section.

I just tried to switch it to DHCP which didn't help and in fact made the device display as "offline" in the admin console. I switched it back and it shows as "online" again - though the port forwards still aren't working. 

Are you saying it should be set to DHCP?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here