SwoozieB's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Thursday, February 24th, 2022 8:09 PM

Closed

We are paying for 1200 mbps but consistently receiving less than 200 mbps

We are paying for 1200 mbps but consistently receiving less than 200 mbps.  We noticed problems with our security cameras a couple of weeks ago and that is when we started running speed tests with the highest being 142 a few days ago.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

3 years ago

Have you tried unplugging your cable modem for a few minutes then pugging back in? You could also use the My Account app on your phone to troubleshoot the modem and send a reset signal. If you are using a separate Wi-Fi router, you should unplug that while resetting your cable modem. Plug back in after the modem is online.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ Reboots and resets were already tried.  Turns out the modem doesn't support higher than 800, and as a DOCSIS 3.0 unit it is being knocked down since Xfinity requires DOCSIS 3.1 for the 1.2G tier.  Will be acquiring a new modem in the immediate future.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for providing the update, @SwoozieB! That's definitely a good place to start :). Please let us know how your connection is holding up after replacing the modem with a DOCSIS 3.1. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

@SwoozieB​ Well there you go! Glad you were able to figure it out. Sounds like you were using your own modem?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Yes, we are using our own modem.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @SwoozieB, thank you for reaching out to us. I see you sent us a private message we will continue to assist you on there. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityXavier @SwoozieB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

... Xfinity requires DOCSIS 3.1 for the 1.2G tier ...

Please note that a DOCSIS 3.1 device is required, but not all 3.1 devices are approved for use with the 1.2 Gbps tier. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Yes, we just ordered an Xfinity supported cable modem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. 

However, I have a DOCSIS 3.1  modem (ARRIS SB8200). 

In previous Xfinity service plans I have reached expected speeds (around 800 mbps), however I am only receiving around 190 mbps now. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_329067 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here