U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 6:33 PM

Closed

VPN - How can I block VPN usage on Xfinity gateway? Rep told me to upgrade to Xfi Connect and the options would be in my gateway settings

VPN - How can I block VPN usage on Xfinity gateway?  Rep told me to upgrade to Xfi Connect and the options would be in my gateway settings - the settings are the same prior to getting XFi connect.  Infact the option for high security specifically excludes the ability to block VPN.  Any help?

Kids are using VPNs to get around parental controls and the VPNs slow down the Wi-Fi significantly.  How can I block all VPNs?  We do not need any VPN in our home for any reason.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Well, if a rep told you that, they lied.  There is no single VPN port, or traffic type you can block, and you wouldn't be able to do it with an Xfinity gateway in the first place.  There are some potential solutions.  All require work on your part.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/shut-down-vpn-access/639ff810ebc755162835cb13

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_e6dfc2! Thank you for coming to the community with your questions and concerns. Did our Problem Solver's link to Another Forum Post On This Topic end up helping?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here