U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022 4:52 AM

Closed

Very slow upload speed

I wonder if this is normal. We have signed up Xfinity Internet service with download speed of 800 Mbps. While the download speed is measured to be reaching 900 Mbps, the upload speed is a paltry < 4.5Mbps. This can be problematic when we have multiple video conference sessions going on at the same time in the household. Is this normal to have such big a difference between download and upload speeds? When we signed up for the service, we were promised to be an upload speed > 10 Mbps. That was the whole reason we signed up for the 800 Mbps service level. We were seeking a higher upload speed. The download speed of 200-300 Mbps would have been sufficient. Is there some problem, or is it what Xfinity service provides? I was having a hard time reaching an agent in person these days.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having issues with my upload as well, have 400mb download and I'm literally getting .5-1mb upload.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_7a3283​ This is way too low. I'm fine with web browsing and such. My wife is having trouble with her Zoom sessions from time to time, though we are not sure if it's related to the bandwidth issue since her company's VPN seems to be a factor too. If you are consistently getting below 2Mbps for upload, I think you should definitely reach out to Xfinity.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@user_7a3283 the upload speed that you describe is much slower than you should get with any of our packages and would cause major issues. We are here to help you get normal speeds.

This can usually be fixed by unplugging and plugging back in your gateway/modem. There may also be service issues in your area and you can use our awesome Xfinity App to check on issues and even troubleshoot the internet. We have an amazing website our Xfinity Status Center where you can check for service interruptions, troubleshoot and see a map of your affected when there is an interruption. 

HAve you tried any of these great tools or any other troubleshooting? Is this happening on all devices, wired, or wireless? Any further details you can provide will help our great community assist you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I also have this problem. My download is fine but my upload speed is so slow that I can't interact with any web pages or communication services. It makes remote work impossible. I'm having someone come out to hopefully figure out what's wrong here. Has anyone resolved this issue before?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_0ead89​ I'm not getting to a point of having problems with web browsing. Your situation definitely warrants a visit by Xfinity. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes it's very odd. I can browse fine but I mean certain web pages that use things like Okta I can't interact with. My download speed is >200Mbps and my Upload speed is < 1MBps (often near-zero).

It's very odd, I can stream easily but can't upload any attachments to my emails or even send any large-ish POST requests. 

I'd love to hear more from other users experiencing this phenomenon as it doesn't seem to be all too common.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

UPDATE: 

To explain my issue see below, it was like this for 3 days...

The problem literally fixed itself before my technician came out... Now almost 24 hours later my Upload Speeds have returned to normal.

I suspect this was some splitter down my supply line that was causing problems, and then someone down the street from me was having the same problem and Comcast fixed it? Only thing I can think of... will update if I get this problem again. I've seen other people who've had this problem say this can be a recurring issue.

It took about 3 days for my Upload Speeds to return to working levels (above 1Mbps)

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_0ead89

Glad to hear your upload speeds have returned to normal and are working as they should be. Thanks for the update. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, Comcast (or Xfinity) staff,

Can someone please confirm if our upload bandwidth should be above 10Mbps for 800Mbps service level? That was what we were sold on when upgrading our Internet service from 200Mbps. It seems that we are getting nowhere near this and the upload speed remains virtually unchanged before and after this upgrade. Is there a provisioning issue? How can we reach the right department to look into this issue? The agents on chat do not seem to be competent to address such issues.

Thanks,

Joshua

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello, @user_fbf8d9! Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Community Forum to get help with your internet speeds. I'm sorry you haven't been able to find the help you need. As a customer and employee who depends on reliable speeds and connection for work, I know how important it is to have this resolved. I'd like to take a deeper look into your account to see how we can be of assistance. Please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The upload speeds are slower than if I hotspot using my personal phone using Visible or Mint Mobile. The problem is, we have no alternative as the only option is Xfinity. Once again, next apartment I find, if my only option is Xfinity, I will not even rent there. It's that bad. Customer service is just as atrocious. It's like politics on steroids. 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @whatsapro, thank you for reaching out to us. We will be happy to help with any speed issues that you may be having. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team will be happy to help!

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here