Pableaux's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 9th, 2020 10:00 PM

Closed

Using two (2) internet cable modems on a single service line

I have a coaxial cable running to a second building that can be connected with a splitter to my coaxial cable providing my internet service.

Is it possible to install a second internet cable modem on the coaxial cable in the second building and have two (2) internet cable modems connected to a single service line at the same time?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, on a separate second account and if proper signal levels permit it

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

5 years ago

It has been my experience that many systems will not allow two modems to be used at one address. It's best to call in to see what the local policy is. Even if they do allow it you will need to pay for two accounts (twice what you are paying for HSI now).  YMMV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i also thought the same, until i went to the xfinity store. they would only have two modems but on two different account. And that leaves you with the only option maybe to get a router or a wifi extender. 

i resorted to an ethernet over power from best buy, but just realized my pc doesnt have an ethernet port, maybe a usb ethernet adapter would do me good. 

Another option i was thinking is maybe getting an ethernet coax adapter and connecting the first modem router to the second, if that would work. 

or get an ethernet over power wifi, but  check the speeds. 

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

3 years ago

Year old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here