Calvin_Gray08's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 2nd, 2022 3:02 AM

Closed

Upload Speeds Dropping to Near Zero Randomly

Starting about a week ago, my upload speeds will drop to very nearly zero (in the kb/s range) without fully reaching zero for usually half a minute or so. Meanwhile my download speed is remaining exactly what it should be at around 900 Mb/s. This seems to occur randomly throughout the day and sometimes doesn't even happen once in a day. I've have already conducted many of the standard troubleshooting steps. To name a few, restarting the modem/router doesn't seem to help, I've replaced the splitters leading to the modem, and I have checked on multiple devices and verified that it happens on all devices simultaneously. For additional information, I ran all my tests without a VPN and minimal traffic on the network, we have the rented xFi gateway, and I monitored my internet speeds, ping, and jitter using StarTrinity CST. From this I saw Tx packet loss of around 50-70% and jitter of upwards of 100ms during one of the observed downtimes. Once my connection returned to normal the Tx packet loss dropped to basically zero and the jitter returned to about 50ms. Any help fixing this or at least identifying the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

2 years ago

As this has nothing to do with Email, I moved it here, where it will get a better response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @Calvin_Gray08

Let's take a look into your account and check into your modem singals together with our team here on the forums. In order to do so, can you please send us a private message with your full name and full service address to get started? 

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Did you find a solution? We've been having the exact same issue. Equipment replaced, multiple technician visits, and no improvement

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue in the Fort Myers, FL area. Download stays consistent, Upload is completely in the trash can.

Contributor

• 

128 Messages

@Hemingray42​ oh you are having this issue too? But not seeing the layer 3 hop. Hm, well, seems those could be 2 separate issues/oddities then

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

@user_0ef58c​ Same issue, No weird 10.61.x IP in any traceroute. We did kinda, sorta have a small hurricane rip us a new one in late September, so who knows.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

2 years ago

@danb0934 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 6-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here