WindsurfMaui's profile

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 4:38 AM

Upload speed problems

My internet download speed is 1 gig. Previously my upload speed was 75 Mbps. 3 weeks ago I received an email congratulating me for being such a good customer and that I was going to be getting a free upgrade of my upload speed to 150 Mbps. My account shows that upload speed should be 150Mbps but however I was still getting 75 so I had Rebooted the modem twice and there was no change. Then I tried to restart using the Xfinity app and ever since then I am getting 50 Mbps. After many calls they told me to swap the modem which I did two days ago to an xb8. But still getting 50 Mbps upload speed. Good news is my cell phones are getting an extra 200 Mbps download speed. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

25 days ago

I have the xb8 and have the same problem. I have two questions in the form about this specific issue. Customer service couldn't find a problem so they told me to go in and swap for the xb8 which I did it's been installed for 3 days and I'm still stuck at 50 Mbps instead of 150 MMbps.

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

25 days ago

I've tried to post this question twice and it didn't post. No idea why.. My Xfinity tier used to give me 25 Mbps for upload speeds. I have been upgraded twice for free to 75 Mbps. I received an email 3 weeks ago giving me another free upgrade to 150Mbps upload speeds. However the 150 never came through and when I tried to restart my modem using the Xfinity app it then move my upload speeds to 50 Mbps not 150. I have asked customer service a couple of times how to fix it they told me to get a new modem which I did (Xfinity XB8) but it still giving me only 50 Mbps. How do I fix this?  Thank you

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Upload speed

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_0ih2332 thank you for taking the time to reach out and for your questions on the enhanced upload speeds. When talking with customer service previously, what troubleshooting steps were taken? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

They ran some tests on their end. They did a restart on the modem. They had me do a hard reboot of the modem. They said my account was cleared for 150 Mbps but they couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting it so they told me to go in and get the new modem which I did. I went from an xb7 to an xb8. Upload speeds is still 50 Mbps but download speeds increased on my Samsung 23 plus and Samsung 24 plus phones from 700 Mbps to 950 Mbps. Which I guess is a good thing but still can't get upload speeds any faster.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@user_0ih2332 Can you log into Xfinity.com or the Xfinity app and check your plan to verify what it says your speeds are? Our only plan that currently has 150 Mbps upload is our Connect tier on Fiber properties (up to 150/150 Mbps). Thank you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

25 days ago

We appreciate you – so we've increased your internet speeds

Good news
Because you’re a valued customer, we’ve increased the upload speeds included with your current Xfinity Internet plan from up to 100 Mbps to up to 150 Mbps. You can now enjoy 50% faster upload speeds for smoother connections while working, gaming, and streaming.

We’re excited to provide you with this speed increase at no additional cost to your current internet plan. If you’re not seeing the faster speeds yet, you may need to restart your gateway. Enjoy!

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

It says the same thing on my account that my account is cleared to 150 Mbps. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_0ih2332  Thank you for those details. We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with your username and upload speed. We understand how frustrating it can be when things don’t go as planned, especially after receiving exciting news about an upgrade. We’re here to help with both your username change and getting your upload speed to where it should be. I

Please DM us your full name and address, so we can dive into these issues and find a solution for you.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Problem Solver

• 

857 Messages

23 days ago

When I click on the square text bubble it just takes me back to the top of the threads list. If I click on the pencil it takes me to the search area.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here