U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 6:36 PM

Closed

Upload speed on Connect more plan with xfi complete

​I recently started internet service in my house signing up for the connect more plan. A few days later I modified the plan to also have the xfi complete for an additional $10 a month (discounted for 24 months). I was told the xfi complete would remove the data cap and now give me unlimited data as well as my upload speed should increase to 100Mbps. My upload speed has not changed still at 10Mbps. Online I read I should have the XB6 modem or better which I was also told I can get by swapping my XB3 modem in the store. I was then told that my plan does not support the XB6 modem (after going to the store and wasting my time). So basically lots of Mis-information and wasted time. Question: Why is my upload speed still only 10Mbps when I have the xfi complete addon?  (And I was told I should get 100 upload when I spoke to the agent that set up the addon). Is the XB6 needed to increase the upload speed?  If so why am I unable to get that sent to me (spent hours on the phone and was told I can’t use that modem with my plan). This is not a very good customer experience for a new customer. ​

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I have been doing some more research into xfinity upload speeds. Xfinity had indicated that the connect more plan (200 down) will get 100 upload (it’s a press release). This has been indicated and it states upgrades from 10 to 100 are taking place in certain markets and growing. 

I was told I should get 100 upload when I added the xFi complete. So the agent seems to indicate to me by that statement my area had been upgraded. But I am only getting 10 upload. 

Two xfinity employees indicated on posts on the forums that an xfi advanced gateway is required (DOCSIS 3.1) XB6 or greater. 

the agent told me I should be able to get that from store but when trying to do that they said I can’t on my plan. 

so here it is. I am promised (and it’s advertised that way) 100 upload on my plan if I get xfi complete which I did, but then posts on forums by two different xfinity employees state you need an XB6 gateway but then agents say I am not entitled to get that modem on my plan. 

this is bait and switch and false advertising. 

com on xfinity. Any agents that know what’s going on? How about responding with some real facts. Is my region updated. If so is a XB6 (DOCSIS 3.1 gateway required, and if so why am I not able to get one). I am paying for xfi complete. Please respond. Need someone that knows the real facts. 

any others seeing upload speeds increased and if so what gateways?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_da7621. I am sorry for any confusion. What you are referring to is our 10G services. It has not rolled out to all areas yet. You do not have to do any upgrades to get it. When it is launched in your area, your speeds will automatically get the new 10G speeds! We can get your account pulled up and take a look at your area. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sir. I want to thank you for responding to my post. Although if you look at what I posted it clearly indicates I have an XB3 gateway. It also indicates that an XB6 gateway is required for the increased upload speed. This fact

that an XB6 modem (minimum because it needs to be dosis 3.1) is required was confirmed by multiple employees as well as some technical documents I have found. So your statement that an upgrade of equipment is not needed is untrue. I ask you to confirm your facts about what the minimum gateway that supports the higher upload speeds. If you do that you will see that at least and XB6 is required. Which I stated I do not have.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

I am sorry for any confusion, there is not upgrading your actual services. When the 10G is in your area, your speeds with automatically upgrade. I was wanting to go private so that we could look at getting you the XB6, so you are ready to go when 10G comes to your area! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sir,  I already have someone working on getting me the xb6. I will get back to you in a few days once I know the resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Happy to hear you have this person working on the XB6. We will make sure to circle back and make sure that everything is sorted out. Your satisfaction and confidence is always our top priority. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityAaron wrote: "... What you are referring to is our 10G services. It has not rolled out to all areas yet. ..."

That disagrees with the information posted on https://www.xfinity.com/10g. In answer to the FAQ item "Do you need new equipment to benefit from the Xfinity 10G network?" it says:

There is no new equipment required. The Xfinity 10G Network is now powering the connectivity experience in every single Xfinity Internet customer's home across the country.

Which statement is correct?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Bruce, from what I have seen in this forum as well as some other documents from pretty reputable websites that review internet services and also following announcements seemed to agree that an XB6 or higher is needed and since xfinity is still giving out XB3 gateways it would seem some people will need upgrades to at least see the upload speed change. I believe I might be getting an xb6 tomorrow. If my speed changes then that would also confirm that an xb6 is required and that upgrades might be needed (depending on what gateway you have). If my speed does not upgrade it could mean my area has yet to be upgraded. If that’s the case I could not prove that an xb6 is required since when the change actually happens I would have already had the xb6. Although as stated multiple att employees have clearly indicated an xb6 is needed. One even told me that directly. I will report back tomorrow.

Be aware I think the advanced gateways are given to people if they have I think 600 or better plans. So only the lower tier plans would need upgrades.  (From what I have been told)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

A few links to see:

the following shows expected uploads for different plans:

https://update.comcast.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/dlm_uploads/2022/09/8.5x11-Comcast_XFiComplete_SpeedIncrease_R8.pdf 

A post that gives alot of detail about what’s going on. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/

And lastly if you look through this forum you will find a few employees that’s stated an xB6 is required 

oh yeh, you also need to have the Sri complete add on. 

I hope this helps. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I have the xb6 gateway and unfortunately still 10Mps upload. When I added xFi complete package was told it should get 100. So it’s possible my area has not yet been completely updated. i am hoping that will happen soon since I know many areas around me have been updated. 

At least now I can just use the internet and leave things as they are. I would love to find out when my area gets upgraded but I doubt I can get that info. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here